- Mood: Tired
- Listening to: Believe -Yellowcard
- Reading: The book thief
- Watching: Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood
- Playing: -
- Eating: cake :D
- Drinking: -
Here are my MANY reasons for hating Winry Rockbell with a burning passion:
1. She is extremely shallow. She only decides she's 'in love' with Edward after he grows and becomes taller than her, and better-looking.
2. She's always crying for no reason. The whiny bitch.
3. She can't spend five minutes in the same room as Ed without beating him up. Great way to show someone that you 'love' them.
4. Her famous line "How come all I can ever do is wait?" If she doesn't like waiting then she should go learn alchemy or martial arts and join Edward and Alphonse.
5. Her obsession with automail, to the point where she seems to care more about Edward's mechanic limbs than anything else. She even forced him to strip in public once!! She's crazy!!
6. When she finds out Scar killed her parents, she attempts to kill him and I LOVE Scar! And then she starts crying like a baby, even though her parents died when she was like five, and they went to war when she was about 2 (in episode 6, Roy explains that the Ishbalan war started 13 years ago, and since Edward was 15 at the time, they were 2 when it started). Therefore, Winry shouldn't remember enough about them to cry like that. And besides, it happened so long ago.
7. SHE'S SO WEAK!! She's easily the weakest character in the series. Yeah, people can argue Riza's weak too because she said she'd kill herself if anything happened to Roy Mustang, but that's not a weakness; it just means she's dependant on him because he gives her a purpose -she would have killed herself after Ishbal anyway if it hadn't been for Roy. And then there's Mei, who's so much younger than Winry, yet willing to give up everything to help anyone else. She gave up getting the Philosopher's Stone just to save Riza, someone she didn't even know. I'm not even gonna go into Lan Fan, who chopped off her OWN ARM to save Ling. Winry wouldn't do any of that; she'd just cry and beg for others to save her.
8. The way she completly believed Edward would beat Father, even though she had no idea whatsoever of what was going on. If he tells her to leave the country because they're in danger, she should listen. But of course, she's too stubborn to even consider it. Stupid bitch. (SHE SHOULD HAVE DIED!!!!)
9. She's incredibly childish.
10. I bet Den didn't just lose her leg...I bet Winry chopped her dog's leg off just so she could practice performing the automail operation!!! ANIMAL ABUSE!!!!
Those are all the reasons I could think of, but I'm certain I'll probably come up with more later. And btw, I didn't want to offend anyone by this. It's just my opinion. And about Edward, sometimes I love him...but at times I hate him (eg. his WEIRD conffesion to Winry). He certainly chose a worse wife that Al AlxMei are officially my second favourite couple now!
Edit: No guys, I don't hate Winry because I'm a jealous bitch in love with Ed. Ed doesn't exist. And anyway, if I wanted someone from FMA it'd be Roy or Greed.
It wasn't in the anime but this is an official image.
I believe the reason why people hate on her because the series wasn't completely about her. We don't see much character development about her, and when the fan girls see that she is the love interest for the main character they immediately don't like her. I don't like her because of the lack of character development. The only time we see Her and Ed together is when they were kids, and she was shown as a bratty girl, or when Ed needed his auto-mail to be fixed. In Brotherhood she did get to be part of the story, but it was a small part, she was used by Kimblee as a trump card so he could manipulate Ed. By than we don't get much character development so we don't generally care about her.
What we see is that shes short tempered, Auto-mail enthusiast (as I call them), and a close friend to the Elric brothers. Sure she does have a sweet soul, but we hardly see it in the anime, because she isn't a major character to the story like Ed, Al, Roy ect. If she had more character development, and if she did something else besides give Ed some false limbs she crafted herself, than yeah people would like her more. But, alas, she isn't an important part to the series aside from the Auto-mail engineer.
Yes shes weak, but shes not a fighter, like Riza is who would like you said risk her life to protect Roy. Shes a short-tempered Auto-mail engineer, nothing more or less. She is basically a damsel in distress who depends on others to help her.
Yes she whines a lot, but there are some other anime girl characters who do the same. A couple of times she whined like a little girl because the auto mail that she crafted by hand was broken and shattered to pieces, I would react the same way if someone was doing that to my art.
She wanted to get revenge on Scar for killing her parents. She lost her parents at a young age which is kinda traumatizing for some children. If I was in her position than I wouldn't do that because I believe that revenge isn't right and is a childish thing to do. And yes I agree that shes childish.
I'm sorry but I feel like this list you put up as to why you dislike Winry is a bit over opinionated and pushed aside the facts. I don't want to attack you, just bring out my thoughts on why a lot of people (especially that girls) dislike her. Some parts to this I agree but that last one, It probably wasn't reveled as to why she had a false limb at the time (because I know this was posted quite some time ago.) But she doesn't seem twisted enough to do that to her dog. Sorry if I offended you.
I'm sorry but no, she isn't a whiny bitch. And some people have good memory of their parents-
But that last reason like
The fuck? No! Now you're just making up shit.
I'm sorry but I have to defend her okay-
WHEN SOMEBODY DOESN'T LIKE SOMEBODY ELSE THEY ARE NOT BY DEFAULT JEALOUS. Some people just don't like certain traits in other people.
I agree with you on all of those except 10, because that just sounded kind of unreasonable.
Ok, so I've noticed a crapton of people hating on Winry Rockbell. People say she's a 'slut' that she's a whiny b*tch. But you're just being fricken haters. Winry is great, the series wouldn't be complete without her. Ok, let's start with the fact that you people say she's a slut. Why the hell do you think that? Winry is by no means a slut. You say she 'walks around in a bra and a mini skirt'
First off, she only wears that around her home, and it's not even a mini skirt, she wears pants. She is NOT a slut, if you're talking about the one episode where she's undressing and doesn't realize Ed is in the room, that does not make her a slut. She did not know Edward was there. He just needed a private place to eat his sandwich >
Ok, she is not a whiny b*tch. You people say that she's whiny because she cries a lot. It's not like she cries 5 times every episode. She worries about Ed and Al. Pinako, Ed and Al are the only family she has left. I'm sure Winry just doesn't want anyone else to die. You guys are also hating on her, because she tries to shoot Scar when she finds out that he killed her parents in the Ishbalan war. If your parents were murdered, and all the sudden you found the murderer and hat the chance to get revenge, would you shoot? I would. Ok, next, you people say that she only starts loving Edward when he gets older and taller. No, that's not it. I'm sure she has loved him for a long time. Remember when she met Riza and was concerned that she and Roy were there to take Ed and Al away? She loves Al like a brother, and Ed, something more. Next, people have been saying that she cut off Den's leg to experiment on him. That is not true, Den lost his leg in a train accident. Here's what I think, I think all you stupid fangirl hate Winry because she and Ed are live interests, what are you gonna go hating Riza next because she and Roy marry? God, now you people have done it. You've gone and totally pissed me off. I hope your happy.
Ok, more reasons Winry doesn't suck, she delivered a baby on her own. She figured everything out, and helped give new life.
1) She crys TO MUCH!! She randomly starts crying, it pisses me off
2) She hits Ed on the head for no freaking reason. Maybe THATS why Edward is so short!!
3) She's a big fat hypocrite. She say's Ed and Al are OBSESSED with alchemy, while SHE is loves freaking auto mail
4) She steals Ed's money when HE does work. She makes Ed buy her stuff, Winry, BUY YOUR OWN FREAKING STUFF WITH YOUR OWN FREAKING MONEY!!!!!!
5) She is freaking usless. It pisses me off. I just want to tie her to a chair with duck tape over her mouth and lock her in a room, THATS HOW MUCH I HER!!!!
And also, if she was a man with the same exact qualities but the only difference is the gender, yes I would still have a problem with Wilfred. (did I really just do that. Srry >▽<)
*puts on sunglasses* Unappreciated Female Character, I'm coming for you. With a giant rant I'll defend.
1.Alright, Winry loved Ed waay before that. It wasn't necessarily romantic or anything, but she still cared about him! It's not like she hated him until she noticed he was growing up. Besides she didn't just decide she was in madly in love with him when she noticed how he'd matures.
2. When the hell did Winry ever cry for no reason? She always had a reason, but she simply cries more easily than some of the other characters. Her ability to let her emotion go is far healthier than (and darling I love you when I say this) Ed keeping his locked up.
3. She only hits him when he's being an ass. It's nice to see she won't take it. Also, I'd be pretty pissed if he was gone for two years, didn't call, and only showed up when he's destroyed something I've worked so hard to make. Also, he calls her names and doesn't tell her anything that's going on with his life or the danger he's in, so Winry clearly isn't the only one at fault. (not to say its a great thing for her to do but at least she has a reason).
4. You know, it's not like people don't depend on Winry! What would the limbless people in Resembol do if she wasn't there to help them? Winry doesn't have time to constantly watch over Ed and Al, and Pinako can't work all alone. Arakawa made it pretty clear that learning alchemy wasn't a simple task, Winry can't learn it over night.
5. There is no indication that Winry honestly cares about automail more than Ed. Her passion is played for laughs, but everybody has a hobby that they love to the point of sparkles and flowers blooming behind them. And what hell are you talking about?! She didn't make Ed strip! She said he should allow the mechanics to see his arm and leg, she didn't know they would rip his shirt off!
6. ARE YOU SHITTING ME. If I met the man who killed my parents before I could even know them I would probably cry too! Not because I'm a weakling but because I'M HUMAN. Winry never got to have parents because of him- she'll never know what it's like because of him. You're lying if you said you wouldn't cry at that. And let's not forget that Scar is trying to kill Ed and Al too! That's scary enough as it is. Besides, I'm sure if Winry knew how much you adored Scar she wouldn't kill him! (/heavy sarcasm)
7. Winry is one of the strongest character in the series. I'm starting to wonder if we're watching the same show. Winry would give up anything to keep Ed and Al safe, what makes you think she's so selfish? You don't have any evidence of this so I think it's safe to say this ones a bias.
8. Goodness her! She had faith in Edward! Kill her, kill her! If you hate her because she's stubborn then you must despise Ed, huh?
9. What makes you say that?
10. Den lost her leg in a train accident (according to some psp game). Winry was nice enough to make an automail leg for a /dog/- something she probably isn't too familiar with and seems to work just fine.
You're ridiculous if you thought you could bash a character so mercilessly and expect people not to be offended. Your biggest problem with her seems to be that she cries too much, but there is absolutely nothing weak about showing emotion! It's not like she cries 5 times every episode. In her situation, It would be unrealistic if she didn't cry. Arakawa wouldn't let such a horrible character slip so easy- what with every other being so well developed, she wouldn't be able to get away with it.