*puts on sunglasses* Unappreciated Female Character, I'm coming for you. With a giant rant I'll defend.
1.Alright, Winry loved Ed waay before that. It wasn't necessarily romantic or anything, but she still cared about him! It's not like she hated him until she noticed he was growing up. Besides she didn't just decide she was in madly in love with him when she noticed how he'd matures.
2. When the hell did Winry ever cry for no reason? She always had a reason, but she simply cries more easily than some of the other characters. Her ability to let her emotion go is far healthier than (and darling I love you when I say this) Ed keeping his locked up.
3. She only hits him when he's being an ass. It's nice to see she won't take it. Also, I'd be pretty pissed if he was gone for two years, didn't call, and only showed up when he's destroyed something I've worked so hard to make. Also, he calls her names and doesn't tell her anything that's going on with his life or the danger he's in, so Winry clearly isn't the only one at fault. (not to say its a great thing for her to do but at least she has a reason).
4. You know, it's not like people don't depend on Winry! What would the limbless people in Resembol do if she wasn't there to help them? Winry doesn't have time to constantly watch over Ed and Al, and Pinako can't work all alone. Arakawa made it pretty clear that learning alchemy wasn't a simple task, Winry can't learn it over night.
5. There is no indication that Winry honestly cares about automail more than Ed. Her passion is played for laughs, but everybody has a hobby that they love to the point of sparkles and flowers blooming behind them. And what hell are you talking about?! She didn't make Ed strip! She said he should allow the mechanics to see his arm and leg, she didn't know they would rip his shirt off!
6. ARE YOU SHITTING ME. If I met the man who killed my parents before I could even know them I would probably cry too! Not because I'm a weakling but because I'M HUMAN. Winry never got to have parents because of him- she'll never know what it's like because of him. You're lying if you said you wouldn't cry at that. And let's not forget that Scar is trying to kill Ed and Al too! That's scary enough as it is. Besides, I'm sure if Winry knew how much you adored Scar she wouldn't kill him! (/heavy sarcasm)
7. Winry is one of the strongest character in the series. I'm starting to wonder if we're watching the same show. Winry would give up anything to keep Ed and Al safe, what makes you think she's so selfish? You don't have any evidence of this so I think it's safe to say this ones a bias.
8. Goodness her! She had faith in Edward! Kill her, kill her! If you hate her because she's stubborn then you must despise Ed, huh?
9. What makes you say that?
10. Den lost her leg in a train accident (according to some psp game). Winry was nice enough to make an automail leg for a /dog/- something she probably isn't too familiar with and seems to work just fine.
You're ridiculous if you thought you could bash a character so mercilessly and expect people not to be offended. Your biggest problem with her seems to be that she cries too much, but there is absolutely nothing weak about showing emotion! It's not like she cries 5 times every episode. In her situation, It would be unrealistic if she didn't cry. Arakawa wouldn't let such a horrible character slip so easy- what with every other being so well developed, she wouldn't be able to get away with it.